Monday, January 31, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 2:34-35

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 2:34-35
" Now Sheshan had no sons, but daughters. And Sheshan had a servant, an Egyptian, whose name was Jarha.
And Sheshan gave his daughter to Jarha his servant to wife; and she bare him Attai."

I didn't realize they could do this? I know Abraham was given Hagar by Sarah to have seed, but in this case a father gives his daughter to a servant to have a son. I couldn't find anything that explained this so I pondered on it. I thought of families when there were no male heirs to carry on the name. That they have asked their son-in-laws to take on their family name. Then the family name is continued through them. I think is this situation, Sheshan needed to carry on the family line. Who better to get to do this than his servant. One that would stay with him. I thought of other situations where kings have given their daughters to build alliances. So as I thought this over what once sounded odd was no longer. In fact it made sense.




Day 2499

No comments:

Post a Comment