Monday, January 24, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 20:1, 6

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 20:1, 6
"In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And the prophet Isaiah the son of Amoz came to him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order; for thou shalt die, and not live.
And I will add unto thy days fifteen years; and I will deliver thee and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria; and I will defend this city for mine own sake, and for my servant David’s sake."

Hezekiah is sick and the prophet Isaiah comes to tell him to set his house in order for he's not going to die. Hezekiah pleads with the Lord and weeps. Isaiah is sent back and tells him he will live another 15 years. That is such a blessing to be given an extension to put your house in order. But, I thought about what would come in those 15 years. One would be the son that rules after him, that does evil. Was it a blessing for Hezekiah not to see that son as an adult? Or would it have been more blessed that the son was never born? I don't know, but one thing is sure God is in command.



Day 2492

No comments:

Post a Comment