Monday, January 3, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 21:28-29

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 21:28-29
"And the word of the LORD came to Elijah the Tishbite, saying,
Seest thou how Ahab humbleth himself before me? because he humbleth himself before me, I will not bring the evil in his days: but in his son’s days will I bring the evil upon his house."

I pondered on how through repentance what is prophesied to happen can be turned around. In this case the Lord tells Elijah that Ahab repentance just delays his posterity being wiped out. When I think about Ahab and Jezebel as parents its not a stretch of the imagination that their children would pick up their same traits and values. If Ahab repentance is not sincere then what he teaches his son will be by example. Though what the Lord really says doesn't mean that Ahab still won't face what was prophesied. The condition of repentance is sincere when we turn from our sins and don't turn back to them.


Day 2471

No comments:

Post a Comment