Saturday, January 15, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 11:12

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Kings 11:12
"And he brought forth the king’s son, and put the crown upon him, and gave him the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, God save the king."

I'm not British but I have heard people from the UK say "God save the queen", and previously it was "God save the king". It's part of their national anthem now. When I read this verse I thought that must be where the phrase originated from. I always find it interesting to see things like that.

I reflected on the 12th Article of Faith
"We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law."



Day 2483

No comments:

Post a Comment