Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 3:10

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 3:10
"And Solomon’s son was Rehoboam, Abia his son, Asa his son, Jehoshaphat his son,"

I got this far into the chapter and couldn't stand not having a pedigree chart. I knew I had collected various databases with bible genealogies over the year, so I stopped to look at them. Then I checked FamilySearch to see if anyone had worked out a nice one. I found some interesting things on genealogies that used other resources like the Talmud, and Quran. Some of them even contained the names of Adam and Eve's daughters. Though when I matched them to Chronicles it wasn't complete. I found the barest of genealogies in my personal collection and that followed most of these first three chapters of Chronicles. I started coloring the lines red from David to Adam. There is something about being able to picture who is related to whom that's important to me. Otherwise, I just skim over the names and with it probably miss a lot of important things.

Adam is David's 31st great grandfather
Noah is David's 22nd great grandfather
Abraham is David's 11th great grandfather
David is Jesus's 39th great grandfather
Jesus' genealogy through Joseph (legal father) descends through David's son Solomon. The genealogy through his mother Mary (blood line) descends through David's son Nathan.



Day 2500

No comments:

Post a Comment