Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 18:33

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 18:33
"And the king was much moved, and went up to the chamber over the gate, and wept: and as he went, thus he said, O my son Absalom, my son, my son Absalom! would God I had died for thee, O Absalom, my son, my son!"

After all that David's son Absalom had done, David mourns for him. It feels even deeper than a parent mourning for their child. It's a grief of knowing where his rebellious son is going in death, with the inability to repent. It could have also been an inconsolable grief as David looks back at what he could have done differently in this family tragedy. Any parent would wish they could have died in their child's place so they would not suffer pain for the eternities. That doesn't mean they would go to hell for them, but that they would have suffered in their place to atone for them. It made me ponder of how that's exactly what the Savior, Jesus Christ did for us, but with Him there was no sin.



Day 2444

No comments:

Post a Comment