Thursday, December 23, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 10:14, 24

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 10:14, 24
"Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred threescore and six talents of gold,
And all the earth sought to Solomon, to hear his wisdom, which God had put in his heart. "

What gave me pause at first was the number 666. It reminded me of Revelation 13:18 and the mark of the beast.

"Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

As I read the inventory in the chapter I couldn't get over how many times the number six is used. Then that Solomon obtained all these things from his wisdom that God had given him. I don't know what the mark of the beast with 666 will be. I have long since decided that any last day prophecies that I imaged when fulfilled are nothing like I thought they would be. What this does tell me is that it will be identified through wisdom from God. I have every confidence that something so vitally important will be identified by a prophet of God. Those that are wise will seek his counsel and advice just like they did with Solomon.



Day 2460

No comments:

Post a Comment