Thursday, December 2, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 13:3-4

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 13:3-4
"But Amnon had a friend, whose name was Jonadab, the son of Shimeah David’s brother: and Jonadab was a very subtil man.
And he said unto him, Why art thou, being the king’s son, lean from day to day? wilt thou not tell me? And Amnon said unto him, I love Tamar, my brother Absalom’s sister."

This is a very sad story for what Amnon ended up doing was very wrong. As I reflected on what happened I see the greatest error was listening to a very subtil (cunning and crafty) man, that gave very bad advise. What should have Amnon done with his inappropriate feelings? I think the best would have been to seek counsel from the Lord in prayer, and been willing to do whatever he was told. Even if that meant he should leave his family and go somewhere else were he wouldn't be tempted. He also could have counseled with a priest or his parents. We just have to be so careful of who's advise we are listening to.



Day 2439

No comments:

Post a Comment