Friday, December 24, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 11:4, 7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 11:4, 7-8
"For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods."

Solomon had 700 wives, princesses, and 300 concubines, and not all where given of the Lord. Some of these wives were "strange women" of nations that the children of Israel were told not to marry into. "For surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love." (vs. 3)

With all the wisdom Solomon had, his heart was his downfall. I can just picture him thinking that it was a good thing to make his wives happy by helping them worship their gods. Then as a man of wisdom decides to learn more about them. It's so easy to think there is no harm in learning more about other religions and beliefs. I know I have caught myself at times doing that. Which is a rather interesting experience. There seems to be some fine line where it's ok to learn a few things, and then you have to step back and put it aside. I had such an experience just recently.

I have been following this particular news story and there was a rather large news dump on items found during the investigations. I found it just so bizarre how these individuals, that professed to be of my same faith, could come up with such perverted and twisted beliefs that sounded nothing like it. It didn't make any sense which lead to a fascination in trying to understand it. I found myself reading one article after another on them. Then I listened to various interviews which afterwards my daughter and I would talk about how bizarre they were.

Then in the middle of an article I was told by the spirit, "That is enough. Don't touch it or look any more on that subject." I had all the information that I needed. To go any further would be crossing the line. I was told I would never makes any sense of this, because this is Satan's realm, and it is designed by him to be that way. So, right at the height of being so engrossed in a story I had to walk away. Which I did and immediately any desire to read anything about this story left me. The understanding I was to gain was how the adversary works, but not in what he teaches.

This experience makes me appreciate how Solomon could go from fascination in trying to understand his strange wives, into letting it consume and over power him into the realm of embracing Satan's teachings. You simply cannot mess with the adversary, which truly is at the core of their beliefs. Confusion and trying to understand it is Satan's tool, and that is how he draws you in.



Day 2461

No comments:

Post a Comment