Sunday, December 5, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 16:10-12

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Samuel 16:10-12
"And the king said, What have I to do with you, ye sons of Zeruiah? so let him curse, because the LORD hath said unto him, Curse David. Who shall then say, Wherefore hast thou done so?
And David said to Abishai, and to all his servants, Behold, my son, which came forth of my bowels, seeketh my life: how much more now may this Benjamite do it? let him alone, and let him curse; for the LORD hath bidden him.
It may be that the LORD will look on mine affliction, and that the LORD will requite me good for his cursing this day."

This reminded me of something I was pondering about today about God's will. That both the good and bad we go through are according to God's will. The difference is when we are obedient, righteous, and long suffering it is used for our good. Through the course of where the events take us in the end it is a better place. Even the horrible persecutions the early saints went through brought them to the wonderful place I now live. There is a price we pay to become acquainted with God.


Day 2442

No comments:

Post a Comment