Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 9:4

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Kings 9:4
"And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:"

I pondered on "integrity of heart". That seems to be a foreign concept to some. I think of the person as being honest in all their dealings and trustworthy. I think nothing disappoints me more than someone that has no qualm about lying. It's amazing me how they think I cannot see right through it. I guess the adversary blinds them to that fact.

"I love both ancient and modern-day scriptures that use the phrase “integrity of heart” when describing a righteous person’s character. Integrity or the lack of integrity is a fundamental element of one’s character. Men who have “integrity of heart” are men to be trusted—because trust is built on integrity.Being a man of integrity simply means your intentions, as well as your actions, are pure and righteous in all aspects of your life, both in public and in private. With each decision we make, we either merit more of God’s trust or diminish His trust."
(Richard J. Maynes, "Earning the Trust of the Lord and Your Family", Oct 2017 General Conference)



Day 2459

No comments:

Post a Comment