Sunday, January 31, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 131:5

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 131:5

"(May 17th, 1843.) The more sure word of prophecy means a man's knowing that he is sealed up unto eternal life, by revelation and the spirit of prophecy, through the power of the Holy Priesthood."

This verse made me things of this wonderful little video of Elder David A. Bednar, "You Don't Have to Die to Find Out" Where You'll Go on the Day of Judgment".

"How will I know where I am going to go? I can answer that for you. You don't have to die to find out.

If living the gospel for you is hard, if it's a chore, "Ahh, if I just wasn't a latter-day saint I could have fun." If that's what you're like when you die, guess where you are going to go? With other people that feel the same way. Because that is the law you have learned to love.

If during the course of your life, a little bit at a time, you have learned to love living the gospel, guess where you're going when you die? With people who love living the gospel. The Lord is not going to have to tell you.

When you come into His presence you won't think. "Gee, I hope he's in a really good mood today. I hope he gives me some extra points so my grade will be a little bit better." When you come into His presence you will go where you know you belong, based on what we have desired to do and become while we have lived on the earth.

If you can look your bishop in the eye, because you are worthy and clean, you already know what the day of judgment will be like. There is no awkwardness, no embarrassment, no shame. Joyfully, living the gospel is not hard. Not living the gospel is what's hard, and it is joyful to live it."



Day 2134

No comments:

Post a Comment