Friday, January 1, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 101:38

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 101:38

"And seek the face of the Lord always, that in patience ye may possess your souls, and ye shall have eternal life."

Patience is something I have come to regard as one of the most Christlike attributes to be sought after. One of the greatest things I have learned from my trials is patience. Truly the only way to gain it is to exercise it. It is not gained by theory alone, it is through the practice of it. Because of this patience is something I am drawn to in discussions and ponder on often. It is something that I value a lot and want to understand it.

I was naturally drawn to this verse because of its reference to patience. I realized a truth I had not pondered on yet. That one cannot acquire patience if you are not seeking the Lord's face at the same time. When we lack patience we lack faith in our Savior and his ability to strengthen us, help us overcome and endure. Patience gives one the ability to possess your soul. That is a very powerful statement. This made me reflect on how when one has lost patience they are no longer in possession of their soul. That must mean something else would have power over it. That makes me think of losing patience and getting angry which only leads to giving the adversary control over the matter. No wonder one must be seeking the face of the Lord while exercising patience. There is a lot riding on our having the ability to gain patience. In fact in order to have eternal life one much possess patience. Patience is even more desirable now to me.



Day 2104

No comments:

Post a Comment