Sunday, January 31, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 130:7-8

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 130:7-8

"But they reside in the presence of God, on a globe like a sea of glass and fire, where all thing for their glory are manifest, past, present, and future, and are continually before the Lord.
The place where God resides is a great Urim and Thummim"

I reflected on a time when I had great sorrow, because I had traveled and been somewhere a whole month, but was never able to go so much as to the ocean and dip my toe in it. As I sat on the plane ride home I was so grateful that there was no companion next to me, because I silently cried. Then this verse came to me and I realize that all the things I missed will one day be made up. That I really will never miss out on anything, because one day I will be able to see the past as it really was. Since then I have been comforted about the lack of being able to travel or attend events. If it really was important in the scheme of things, I will one day see it better than if I had seen and experienced it with my natural eye. Even if I don't have the doctrine or understanding right, I am grateful for the peace and comfort it gave me over the matter.



Day 2133

No comments:

Post a Comment