Thursday, January 14, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 114:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 114:2

"For verily thus saith the Lord, that inasmuch as there are those among you who deny my name, others shall be planted in their stead and receive their bishopric. Amen."

This reminded me of when I would go to the temple. No one told me to go. I just went at the same time and day every week because I wanted to. One thing that I loved about the coming and going at the temple is no one had to be there. They were there because they wanted to be there. As I left there would be others that would be coming in to take my place. I loved this coming and going and would often think about how much I would miss if I didn't go, but with the surety that someone else would be there to take my place. The work had to move on and if I no longer had the desire, or was unworthy to come the only loss would be my own. I'm not sure if I can describe it well enough, but in many ways we are expendable. If we don't live up to what the Lord would have us do, he will prepare someone else to take our place. The loss is our own, the blessings will be given to another.



Day 2117

No comments:

Post a Comment