Monday, January 4, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 104:80-81

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 104:80-81

"And inasmuch as you are diligent and humble, and exercise the prayer of faith, behold, I will soften the hearts of those to whom you are in debt, until I shall send means unto you for your deliverance.
Therefore write speedily to New York and write according to that which shall be dictated by my Spirit; and I will soften the hearts of those to whom you are in debt, that it shall be taken away out of their minds to bring affliction upon you."

When I read this chapter it always stings a little when I read "behold it is my will that you shall pay all your debts." I feel bad that I am not out of debt and that I have debts. This time when I read it I saw things just a little differently. Yes, it would be best to be out of debt, but it's the paying of my debts that is at the heart of this. It is good to be honestly working to pay off your debts. The sin isn't in the having of debts, its in the not paying of the debts. As we turn humbly to God in prayer asking for help and deliverance, hearts will be softened and doors will be opened for us to pay our debts. That is a huge blessing! Instead of feeling really guilty about my debts, I sat here so very grateful for the Lord's help in providing a way that I can honorably be paying my debts. I am so blessed.
Day 2107

No comments:

Post a Comment