Monday, January 18, 2021

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 118:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Doctrine & Covenants 118:1

"Verily, thus saith the Lord: Let a conference be held immediately; let the Twelve be organized; and let men be appointed to supply the place of those who are fallen."

This made me think of a quote that has had been for some reason on my mind lately. Now was my chance to find it.

The Prophet Joseph Smith said, “I will give you a key that will never rust, if you will stay with the majority of the Twelve Apostles, and the records of the Church, you will never be led astray.”
(Quoted in Young Woman’s Journal, Dec. 1906, p. 543 by William G. Nelson)

I could only find where William G. Nelson was quoted in the Young Woman's Journal as saying the Prophet Joseph Smith had said this. Then I found the quote used by Elder James E. Faust in his October 1994 General Conference talk "The Keys That Never Rust". With that I have confidence that it is truly something that Joseph Smith said. That the majority of the twelve would never lead me astray. I am grateful an order has been established by the Lord to replace members of the twelve as their places once held are now open.

Day 2121

No comments:

Post a Comment