Saturday, December 17, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 31:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 31:10
"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."

When I read this verse I thought the virtuous woman must be worth even more than rubies now. She is becoming rarer and rarer. Then I read the descriptions of this virtuous woman and boy was she industrious.

"The virtuous woman described in Proverbs was a woman who was prepared. She worked willingly, stretched out her hand to the poor, saw to the physical needs of her household, sought after knowledge. She had profound reverence for the Lord. While many of her tasks may appear to be temporal in nature, her blessings were eternal ones."
(Barbara W. Winder, "Becoming a Prepared People", Oct 1988 General Conference)

This made me think of President Nelson's talk in where he listed three principles for us.
1. Create Place of Security
2. Prepare Your Mind to be Faithful to God
3. Never Stop Preparing

I am not saying that the days ahead will be easy, but I promise you that the future will be glorious for those who are prepared and who continue to prepare to be instruments in the Lord’s hands.
I promise that as we create places of security, prepare our minds to be faithful to God, and never stop preparing, God will bless us. He will “deliver us; yea, insomuch that he [will] speak peace to our souls, and [will] grant unto us great faith, and … cause us that we [can] hope for our deliverance in him.”
(Russell M. Nelson, "Embrace the Future with Faith", Oct 2020 General Conference)

I had not thought of President Nelson's talk following the description of a virtuous women but now I can see what he was asking us to become.



Day 2818

No comments:

Post a Comment