Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:5, 7

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 3:5, 7
"A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;"

These are my seasons. There is comfort knowing it is all in the Lord's hands and timing. Before reading my scriptures I happened upon this quote from President Kimball on prayers being answered.

"President Spencer W. Kimball (1895–1985) similarly taught that we must put great effort into our prayers and that we must pray frequently:
Do you get answers to your prayers? If not, perhaps you did not pay the price. Do you offer a few trite words and worn-out phrases, or do you talk intimately to the Lord? Do you pray occasionally when you should be praying regularly, often, constantly? Do you offer pennies to pay heavy debts when you should give dollars to erase that obligation?
When you pray, do you just speak, or do you also listen? Your Savior said, ‘Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.’ (Rev. 3:20.)“… Should we ever fail to get an answer to our prayers, we must look into our lives for a reason”
(Book of Mormon Student Manual, Chapter 50, "Ether 1-5"); (“Prayer,” New Era, Mar. 1978, 17)

After reading this I actually sat wondering what have I been praying about recently? Was there something I was putting great effort into? Were those prayers being answered? Then I realized, yes there was. It was this whole season I am experiencing. Then immediately I realized, those prayers were being answered. I have been leaving it in the Lord's hands and just the fact I had to sit and think about what was my concern showed that those prayers were being answered. I had peace over the matter each time I left it in his hands and let him carry them.



Day 2821

No comments:

Post a Comment