Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."

I could not help but think of what happened yesterday. My son went out to the mailbox and slipped on the icy driveway. We heard his screams and looking outside I immediately thought, "I can't help him up by myself", so I told my husband to come help. But, first I got my walker, not only so I could safely walk out to the ice to help him, but also so he could use it to help pull himself up. Between the walker and my husband and I lifting him under his armpits, we were able to get him to his feet. Then with the injured knee and foot he could use the walker to support himself as he made his way back into the house. From there we could assess the damage, get him crutches to walk with and administer ice and pain meds. He was waited on the rest of the day to give the injuries time to rest. Only time would tell if he needed more attention than that. Thankfully, he is able to walk on it fully today. I am so grateful we were home to hear his cries. In this cold winter weather it would not take long for someone to freeze to death.

There is another type of death that family members can help prevent, and that is spiritual death. Our daily family scripture study not only helps us to grow spiritually, it can prevent spiritual death in each other.



Day 2822

No comments:

Post a Comment