Thursday, December 1, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 15:14

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 15:14
"The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness."

Again, there were so many great wise sayings in this chapter. This one made me think of various sources of news. How careful we need to be. If you are foolish you can feed on foolish sources. It isn't long before these things can build on each other until you believe a lie. This can not only happen in health, medicine, political and educational areas, it also happens in religion too. I am very strict with myself on sources of my knowledge. The law of witnesses is very important in not being lead astray. A good rule of thumb is looking towards the scriptures, and the words of a living prophet when they were prophet, then the apostles. I also know the materials found on the church website are safe for my instruction. Everything else needs to be monitored, sadly because I have seen good people go astray from the doctrine of Christ. When a teacher sets themselves up as a light to be followed instead of Christ, then you have to stay away.



Day 2802

No comments:

Post a Comment