Sunday, December 11, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 25:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Proverbs 25:8
"Go not forth hastily to strive, lest thou know not what to do in the end thereof, when thy neighbour hath put thee to shame."

This reminds me of President Nelson's general conference talk were he spoke of a granddaughter-in-law being myopic = near sighted. Thankfully those words helped her shift her thinking to an eternal perspective. For others you see them unable to look beyond the end of their noses. They cannot see what their actions lead them beyond this second.

"After Jill’s father passed on, the word myopic kept coming to her mind. She opened her heart to understand even more deeply that myopic meant “nearsighted.” And her thinking began to shift. Jill then said, “Myopic caused me to stop, think, and heal. That word now fills me with peace. It reminds me to expand my perspective and seek the eternal. It reminds me that there is a divine plan and that my dad still lives and loves and looks out for me. Myopic has led me to God.”
(Russell M. Nelson , "Let God Prevail", Oct 2020 General Conference)



Day 2812

No comments:

Post a Comment