Thursday, December 22, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 5:1

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 5:1
"Keep thy foot when thou goest to the house of God, and be more ready to hear, than to give the sacrifice of fools: for they consider not that they do evil."

I have always liked to go to the temple by myself. I like having time to ponder on the words I hear and the impressions that I have. When I go with others there is more of a tendency to whisper. It can be distracting to me when people are talking to loudly or at inappropriate times. I need the silence found in the temple to feel closer to God, to recharge my batteries and receive light and instruction for my path ahead.

I was trying to find this talk that I enjoyed, it spoke about the need to be more quiet in the temple. That we talked to much. It's been a while and I just can't place it. I did however find this video "The Quiet of the Temple". I loved this comment by Sister Sharon Eubank, “I need the silence of the temple to be able to hear the voice of God.”



Day 2823

No comments:

Post a Comment