Sunday, December 25, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 8:8

Today's Favorite Verse: Ecclesiastes 8:8
"There is no man that hath power over the spirit to retain the spirit; neither hath he power in the day of death: and there is no discharge in that war; neither shall wickedness deliver those that are given to it."

Do I really not have power to retain the spirit? I thought I could have the spirit always to be with me if I kept from sin. Then I thought of places where the spirit cannot be. I have felt the spirit leave in such cases. I have been in the presence of people that make the spirit leave from the room. I cannot say I've been left alone and to my own devices in such times. For I have been guided in what needed to be done. But, that feeling that you have when the spirit is gone is still there. Not really sure what this all entails but it seems the spirit is never forced to stay because of anything I do. It must be why this verse also connects the spirit leaving a person at death. You cannot force it to stay when it has been commanded to leave.



Day 2826

No comments:

Post a Comment