Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 122:1, 9

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 122:1, 9
"I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
Because of the house of the LORD our God I will seek thy good."

Been a really hard week, with things I simply could not settle because I had no control over them. Yet, I was feeling angry at those causing the issue. I knew it wasn't right and I couldn't get out of these chains that held me bound. What I needed was divine intervention and that meant going to the house of the Lord. I decided to go at my very favorite time, and do my very favorite ordinance. I felt like I had come home.

The very first thing I did was put the names of those at the root of the issue on the prayer roll. It seemed the moment I did that I left the problem at the door. Now I could pray that all our hearts would be softened and resolution could come. I was so glad I went to temple, where hope and peace could be restored to me, and greater insight could be gained. I didn't know how resolutions would come but I knew that they would.

I wasn't home more than an hour and the mail came. I opened a thick envelopment to find an accident insurance claim check inside. I had never counted on seeing that money. Now that I had it in hand I had the means to offer it to solve one outstanding issue. I told the party I would worry about being paid back later, but at least we could have this part resolved.

Then another party told me they received a phone call and in that call some decisions were made that showed mercy to another. That meant two issues were now starting to find resolutions. I can't be greedy and expect all issues solved within a day, even though I know God could do it. Everyone still has their free agency and regardless of promptings and needs they can choose to be difficult. What I do know is I go to bed tonight being grateful I went to the house of the Lord today. I poured my heart out to God, and He opened the doors to bring some relief.



Day 2759

No comments:

Post a Comment