Saturday, October 8, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 112:7

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 112:7
"He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the LORD."

This reminded me of a conversation I had with a friend of mine this week. They were telling me about an issue they had on the outside of their house. They saw a neighbor had the same issue so they went to speak to them. The neighbor put their hands to their ears and said "I wish you hadn't told me, I don't want to hear things like this, because I cannot afford to fix it." My friend thought that such odd behavior, why wouldn't someone want to know about an issue that should be fixed? "You cannot put your head in the sand and make it go away." Then as the story progresses my friend tells me this neighbor mentioned they were getting assistance from the church for food, and pay their utility bills. My friend didn't understand why this neighbor couldn't work they were perfectly healthy. Yes, this was totally gossiping and I was a little taken back on what to say. Finally, the words came. I suggested that their neighbor maybe able to physically work, but not mentally able to do so. Finally, the lights came on and they realized having observed other signs that would indicate this was the case. They then sheepishly said to me, "I guess I will need to be really careful about what I say to them." I just smiled.

I know when we are mentally and emotionally stressed it's so hard to hear bad news, or evil tidings. I have also found in those moments that trusting in the Lord will help us get through it. The more we practice this the time will come when our heart knows He is there for us, and there is no need to fear.



Day 2749

No comments:

Post a Comment