Sunday, October 16, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 120:2

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 120:2
"Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue."

What I pondered on is how do you get away from being on the receiving end of liars? Then I read this talk by Marion G. Romney.

"Lying was initiated on this earth in the Garden of Eden when Satan told Eve that she would not die in consequence of partaking of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.
Satan, as a matter of fact, was and is the father of all lies. The Lord said to Moses: “Because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;
“And he became Satan, yea, even the devil, the father of all lies, to deceive and to blind men, and to lead them captive at his will, even as many as would not hearken unto my voice.”
(Marion G. Romney, "We Believe in Being Honest", Oct 1976)

Well, I guess I don't get away from having to deal with liars. It's been an issue from the beginning of this world and it will be until the end of it. All I can do is stay true, to not become like them. To live my life worthy to have the Lord deliver me from them.

I read some scriptures about liars and the telestial kingdom. It all rather made me sad. I think it's because as hard as it is to have to deal with liars and the hardship and baggage they leave behind, its harder to know where they are going. That's because there are some liars that I truly love. I just wish they would choose to do better.



Day 2757

No comments:

Post a Comment