Friday, October 7, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 111:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 111:10
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever."

Still thinking about General Conference. I listened to one of the talks of President Nelson and was struck with how many blessings will be ours if we only seek to overcome the world and honor the covenants we have made. We must turn our hearts to Jesus Christ instead of the things of this world. This would be true wisdom if I followed all that was said.

"I call upon you, my dear brothers and sisters, to become this righteous people. Cherish and honor your covenants above all other commitments. As you let God prevail in your life, I promise you greater peace, confidence, joy, and yes, rest.
With the power of the holy apostleship vested in me, I bless you in your quest to overcome this world. I bless you to increase your faith in Jesus Christ and learn better how to draw upon His power. I bless you to be able to discern truth from error. I bless you to care more about the things of God than the things of this world. I bless you to see the needs of those around you and strengthen those you love. Because Jesus Christ overcame this world, you can too. I so testify in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Overcome the Word and Find Rest", Oct 2022 General Conference)



Day 2748

No comments:

Post a Comment