Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 115:4

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 115:4
"Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men’s hands."

This made me think of what I have been pondering on all day. Not letting the things of this world overtake me, but to overcome the world as President Nelson mentioned in General Conference.

"What does it mean to overcome the world? It means overcoming the temptation to care more about the things of this world than the things of God. It means trusting the doctrine of Christ more than the philosophies of men. It means delighting in truth, denouncing deception, and becoming “humble followers of Christ.” It means choosing to refrain from anything that drives the Spirit away. It means being willing to “give away” even our favorite sins.
Now, overcoming the world certainly does not mean becoming perfect in this life, nor does it mean that your problems will magically evaporate—because they won’t. And it does not mean that you won’t still make mistakes. But overcoming the world does mean that your resistance to sin will increase. Your heart will soften as your faith in Jesus Christ increases. Overcoming the world means growing to love God and His Beloved Son more than you love anyone or anything else."
(Russell M. Nelson, "Overcome the World and Find Rest", Oct 2022 General Conference)

I got upset today and I didn't want to be upset. The first thought was how this was making the spirit flee and destroying my peace. It is amazing how a prayer for help to get the spirit back can be answered so quickly. I've had to monitor myself because it so easy to let the world just sweep you up. It was a real struggle but in between I had some glimpses of things that made me understand the situation better. The Lord placed people in my path that could show me how He was taking care of things. With the ability to see things with different eyes I can have patience and wait for when the situation is resolved. There truly is nothing I can do on my end. I just have to turn it over to Him.



Day 2752

No comments:

Post a Comment