Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 109:4-5

Today's Favorite Verse: Psalms 109:4-5
"For my love they are my adversaries: but I give myself unto prayer.
And they have rewarded me evil for good, and hatred for my love. "

The JST has: "And, nothwithstanding my love, they are my adversaries, yet I will continue in prayer for them."

I have been and am now going through this. It is better to pray for those that you have loved, and have turned against you, then to wish them ill. Otherwise, it poisons your soul and will take away your peace. It is far better to forgiven and leave them in the hands of the Lord. Then wisdom is given you to protect yourself and retain His peace.

I saw today that the Oct 2022 General Conference talks are on the website and in the Gospel Library app. Sister Kristin M. Yee's talk "Beauty for Ashes: The Healing Path of Forgiveness", is one of those I have marked to read and did just now. She quoted President Nelson in her talk. For me, the ability to forgive goes hand in hand with being able to pray for those that abuse you.

"President Russell M. Nelson has taught that the Savior offers us the ability to forgive:
“Through His infinite Atonement, you can forgive those who have hurt you and who may never accept responsibility for their cruelty to you.
“It is usually easy to forgive one who sincerely and humbly seeks your forgiveness. But the Savior will grant you the ability to forgive anyone who has mistreated you in any way. Then their hurtful acts can no longer canker your soul.”
(Russell M. Nelson, “Four Gifts That Jesus Christ Offers to You” (First Presidency’s Christmas devotional, Dec. 7, 2018)



Day 2746

No comments:

Post a Comment