Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 2:4

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 2:4
"Behold, I build an house to the name of the LORD my God, to dedicate it to him, and to burn before him sweet incense, and for the continual shewbread, and for the burnt offerings morning and evening, on the sabbaths, and on the new moons, and on the solemn feasts of the LORD our God. This is an ordinance for ever to Israel."

I pondered on how we don't burn sweet incense in the temple, have shewbread or burnt offerings. We also don't follow the feasts. Then how could these ordinances be forever for Israel?

The footnote takes me here.

"Behold, this is the tithing and the sacrifice which I, the Lord, require at their hands, that there may be a house built unto me for the salvation of Zion—
For a place of thanksgiving for all saints, and for a place of instruction for all those who are called to the work of the ministry in all their several callings and offices;
That they may be perfected in the understanding of their ministry, in theory, in principle, and in doctrine, in all things pertaining to the kingdom of God on the earth, the keys of which kingdom have been conferred upon you.
And inasmuch as my people build a house unto me in the name of the Lord, and do not suffer any unclean thing to come into it, that it be not defiled, my glory shall rest upon it;
Yea, and my presence shall be there, for I will come into it, and all the pure in heart that shall come into it shall see God."
(Doctrine and Covenants 97:12-16)

The ordinances are eternal, not the outward things that pointed to Christ and were fulfilled with His ultimate sacrifice. The instruction and teaching of God's children are what last forever. Over time the presentation of these ordinances may change, but not what they point to.



Day 2528

No comments:

Post a Comment