Sunday, March 6, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 7:1

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 7:1
"Now when Solomon had made an end of praying, the fire came down from heaven, and consumed the burnt offering and the sacrifices; and the glory of the LORD filled the house."

I thought upon the marvelous manifestation of the glory of the Lord as the temple is dedicated and accepted. Then many years later it was destroyed. What causes a house of the Lord to be destroyed? When the people have turned way from their God.

"But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;
Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it to be a proverb and a byword among all nations."
(2 Chronicles 7:19-20)

In the end this is what happened with Solomon's temple, and with Herod's temple. The only other temple I can think of that was destroyed is the Nauvoo temple. That temple was completely abandoned as the saints fled from the mobs and made their way west. It was later destroyed by arsonist's fire and a fierce tornado. “This frightful hurricane, the most terrible experienced in the country in many years, burst suddenly on the hill of Nauvoo, where lightnings, thunder, wind, hail and rain, seemed united to assail the building.” (Daily Missouri Republican) I suppose one could say then that temples are destroyed when the saints have either spiritually or physically left it.



Day 2533

No comments:

Post a Comment