Saturday, March 26, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 27:6

Today's Favorite Verse: 2 Chronicles 27:6
"So Jotham became mighty, because he prepared his ways before the LORD his God."

Prepared his ways - HEB, ordered; i.e., maintained a steady course.

This past General Conference I felt preparedness as a theme. When you say preparedness it brings to mind food storage, and getting material things ready. This wasn't the part of being ready that I felt. It was the part of preparing a people ready to go through whatever is to come, with peace in their souls. This made me find some quotes from last general conference that stood out to me on being prepared.

"We have been promised that “if [we] are prepared [we] shall not fear.” This assurance has profound implications today. The Lord has declared that despite today’s unprecedented challenges, those who build their foundations upon Jesus Christ, and have learned how to draw upon His power, need not succumb to the unique anxieties of this era."
(Russell M. Nelson, "The Temple and Your Spiritual Foundation", Oct 2021 General Conference)

"Her question for me was good: “What are the most important things I should know?” I answered with the things of my soul, the things that prepare me to hear promptings, that lift my sights beyond the ways of the world, that give purpose to my work in the gospel and to my very life.'
(Ronald A. Rasband, "The Things of My Soul", Oct 2021, General Conference)

Then I looked for this one on preparedness from a general conference a few years previously.
.
"First, and crucial for the Lord’s return, is the presence on the earth of a people prepared to receive Him at His coming."
(D. Todd Christofferson, "Preparing for the Lord's Return", Apr 2019 General Conference)

Before Elder Christofferson said these words it was a conclusion I had come to on my own. They rang true to me. The world doesn't need to be any more wicked in order for the second coming of Jesus Christ to happen. What's holding up the show is a people ready to receive Him. Being spiritually prepared, able to feel the promptings of the spirit, listen to a prophets counsel and words, read and ponder the words of Christ, and trust Him in all things, is the how we "prepare [our] ways before the Lord".


Day 2553

No comments:

Post a Comment