Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 11:17-19

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 11:17-19
"And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Beth-lehem, that is at the gate!
And the three brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Beth-lehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: but David would not drink of it, but poured it out to the LORD,
And said, My God forbid it me, that I should do this thing: shall I drink the blood of these men that have put their lives in jeopardy? for with the jeopardy of their lives they brought it. Therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mightiest."

At first I didn't understand why David who wanted a drink of water poured it out to the Lord once it was given him. As I thought about it I think he felt their act of bravery, with such great risk to their lives, was so holy an offering that it belonged to the Lord. That is why he would not drink it but poured it out to the Lord.



Day 2508

No comments:

Post a Comment