Saturday, February 12, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 14:10

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 14:10
"And David inquired of God, saying, Shall I go up against the Philistines? and wilt thou deliver them into mine hand? And the LORD said unto him, Go up; for I will deliver them into thine hand."

I pondered on how David inquired of God. He asked specific questions. Questions are good, but it's important that they are asked in faith with nothing doubting.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him."
(James 1:5)

It was the same when Joseph Smith, Jr. went into the sacred grove to pray.

"My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join. No sooner, therefore, did I get possession of myself, so as to be able to speak, than I asked the Personages who stood above me in the light, which of all the sects was right (for at this time it had never entered into my heart that all were wrong)—and which I should join.
I was answered that I must join none of them, for they were all wrong; and the Personage who addressed me said that all their creeds were an abomination in his sight; that those professors were all corrupt; that: “they draw near to me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me, they teach for doctrines the commandments of men, having a form of godliness, but they deny the power thereof.”
(Joseph Smith-History 1:18-19)

I have found when I pray asking a question in faith, and not as a challenge formed from doubt, that I will receive an answer. It may not be that very second, though many times it is. Other times I will be lead to read something else and there the answer is confirmed.



Day 2511

No comments:

Post a Comment