Saturday, February 5, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 7:30

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 7:30
" The sons of Asher; Imnah, and Isuah, and Ishuai, and Beriah, and Serah their sister."

I am still trying to build my genealogies of these tribes of Israel. I'm sure I have it messed up. At times I would resort to online sources and would often see it noted as coming from "classical rabbinical sources". While I was trying to straighten out Asher's line I learned something new I wasn't aware of with the tribe of Asher.

"Asher's descendants in more than one regard deserved their name ("Asher" meaning "happiness"). The tribe of Asher was the one most blessed with male children; and its women were so beautiful that priests and princes sought them in marriage. The abundance of oil in the land possessed by Asher so enriched the tribe that none of them needed to hire a habitation. The soil was so fertile that in times of scarcity, and especially in the Sabbatical year, Asher provided all Israel with olive-oil. The Asherites were also renowned for wisdom"
(Wikipedia, Asher)



Day 2504

No comments:

Post a Comment