Friday, February 18, 2022

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 20:6-7

Today's Favorite Verse: 1 Chronicles 20:6-7
"And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot: and he also was the son of the giant.
But when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimea David’s brother slew him."

Not exactly my typically pondering on the scriptures tonight. I had to add Jonathan as the son of David's brother Shimea to the database. Then I was fascinated by the giants and read articles on giants in the bible. Giants are mentioned 19 times in the Old Testament and twice in the Pearl of Great Price. I read them all.

"He breaketh me with breach upon breach, he runneth upon me like a giant."
(Job 16:14)
The footnote for giant in this verse says "HEB mighty man".



Day 2517

No comments:

Post a Comment