Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 61:11, 14

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 61:11, 14
"We would not shed the blood of our brethren if they would not rise up in rebellion and take the sword against us.
Therefore, my beloved brother, Moroni, let us resist evil, and whatsoever evil we cannot resist with our words, yea, such as rebellions and dissensions, let us resist them with our swords, that we may retain our freedom, that we may rejoice in the great privilege of our church, and in the cause of our Redeemer and our God."

My heart has been so heavy since I saw the videos of yesterday's shooting in downtown Provo, UT. Protesters turned violent, surrounded and shot a man in his car. Then another one shoots at him as he tries to flee to safely. The picture of the Provo City Center Temple in the background, and the little children at the bus stop pressing against their father in fear, is too much to bare. The world has turned into something very dark. As I read this chapter I mourn for I do not want to see blood shed. All my prayers are is that the protesters will stop, for their movement has turned into something very ugly. I do appreciate that Pahoran tells Moroni the first step to resist them is with our words. I also appreciate that Pahoran even though citizens are flocking to him daily with their arms, that they are waiting for Moroni and his army before they take a stand. There are lessons here for people that might want to take matters into their own hands.  


Day 1919

No comments:

Post a Comment