Friday, June 26, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 57:21

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 57:21
"Yea, and they did obey and observe to perform every word of command with exactness; yea, and even according to their faith it was done unto them; and I did remember the words which they said unto me that their mothers had taught them."

This chapter continue with the story of the 2000 and additional 60 stripling warriors that are miraculously preserved in battle. I think we always focus on how they did not doubt because their mothers taught them. But this time I see something that I have been learning during this pandemic. To be obedient, and to be exact in what the scriptures, prophet and church leaders counsel, and what the spirit guides me to do. What a blessing personal revelation has been in preparations that needed to be made. I was always one step ahead of where others would be headed. It's funny how just last week while reading scriptures I realized I hadn't received any impressions in a while. It's been quiet and routine. The realization caused me to ponder if anything was amiss because of the silence, simply because a lack of faith and disobedience can deafen me to the whisperings of the spirit. I finally settled that all was as it should be, I've had those lulls before. I think sometimes quiet comes so it gets your attention when it's needed. Then this week the promptings have come and I have been obedient. It is very interesting to watch this process because if I had not identified the silence, I'm not sure I would have notice the quiet impression when it came. For the spirit does speak in a still small voice.


Day 1915

No comments:

Post a Comment