Monday, June 29, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 60:23

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 60:23
"Do ye suppose that God will look upon you as guiltless while ye sit still and behold these things? Behold I say unto you, Nay. Now I would that ye should remember that God has said that the inward vessel shall be cleansed first, and then shall the outer vessel be cleansed also."

I read this chapter a little troubled, because I feel I am seeing people right now pretending we are in a moment for a Captain Moroni. That they need to fight for their liberties and freedoms, and absolutely ignore the fact we are in the midst of a pandemic. It was almost painful to read this chapter because of how I have seen its context being misplaced. 

Then when I read this verse on cleansing the inward vessel first, before the outer vessel I understood why Moroni could say what he was saying. For he had truly cleansed his inner vessel. His men had cleansed their inner vessels. Their time of waiting and suffering had refined them even further. Then I realized what we are going through right now with this pandemic, civil unrest, and elections coming up, is a time for us to reflect and cleanse our inner vessels. I have heard reference for this being a time of reflection not only from the prophet but also from many of the apostles. We are to use the pandemic as an opportunity for soul-searching and self-examination. We cannot cleanse the outer when we are not clean ourselves. The Lord will have a tried and tested people, prepared for his second coming. If we want to be like Captain Moroni then we need to look deep inside and cleanse our inner vessels first. 


Day 1918

No comments:

Post a Comment