Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 34:37-38

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 34:37-38
"And now, my beloved brethren, I desire that ye should remember these things, and that ye should work out your salvation with fear before God, and that ye should no more deny the coming of Christ;
That ye contend no more against the Holy Ghost, but that ye receive it, and take upon you the name of Christ; that ye humble yourselves even to the dust, and worship God, in whatsoever place ye may be in, in spirit and in truth; and that ye live in thanksgiving daily, for the many mercies and blessings which he doth bestow upon you."

Prior to reading my scriptures tonight I was chopping over 6 lbs of mushrooms to put into the dehydrator. With that time I did my favorite thing by listening to a talk I have never heard before. Tonight it was a BYU Devotional given on March 2, 1982 by Elder Bruce R. McConkie, "Our Relationship with the Lord". It was excellent and little did I know so fitting for this chapter in Alma where the role of the Savior, Jesus Christ is laid out. I love that in these two verses it speaks of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, 3 separate beings with three separate roles yet united in purpose. Like Amulek in this chapter, Elder McConkie gave pure doctrine. The gospel is so simple, and I am trying so hard not to complicate it, for these truths bring so much joy. 


Day 1892

No comments:

Post a Comment