Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 55:17, 22

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 55:17, 22
"Yea, even to their women, and all those of their children, as many as were able to use a weapon of war, when Moroni had armed all those prisoners; and all those things were done in a profound silence.
Now behold this was done in the night-time, so that when the Lamanites awoke in the morning they beheld that they were surrounded by the Nephites without, and that their prisoners were armed within."

I'm in what is referred to as the war chapters in the Book of Mormon. It appears to have tactics that will be useful in the last days. Not that the situations are the same but the concepts that are needed. What I first found interesting in this chapter was the mention of arming women and children. Not a nice concept at all, but I cannot ignore the timeliness of this discussion. Out of the blue today I had a discussion with another women, who told me that because of all the violence that is going on she is thinking of getting a gun to protect herself. I told her that while I reading in Alma 54:12 yesterday I was stuck with the mention by Moroni of arming his women and children if needed. Then again at the end of the Nephite and Jaredite civilizations it mentions the arming of women and children in battle. Not a pleasant thought, but it sure does tell us about the times we are living in right, when it's a consideration by some now. 

What I also noticed in this chapter were two things, profound silence and things done in the night-time. To me that feels like a warning. That if you are making preparations they should not be announced to others. Keep those to yourself because you never know who is watching or careful note taking. Having said that I do appreciate those that are sharing their knowledge with others on homemaking skills that have been lost to us. Sometimes what we think of as preppers are simply people that are using homemaking skills, basic to any women over a 100 years ago. It is with my parents generation that much of this knowledge was lost, because of all the conveniences that took their place while they raised their children. I am grateful for a father that loved to garden, even though I must admit I take after my mother and have a black thumb.


Day 1913

No comments:

Post a Comment