Friday, June 19, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 50:22

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 50:22
"And those who were faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord were delivered at all times, whilst thousands of their wicked brethren have been consigned to bondage, or to perish by the sword, or to dwindle in unbelief, and mingle with the Lamanites."

Being delivered doesn't mean no trouble happens to the people of the Lord. For we can all pass through hard times, especially when the wicked afflict those around them. To me being delivered means I have the Lord by my side through it all. I can see his protection and blessing upon me, no matter what I go through. The key in this is being faithful in keeping the commandments of the Lord, and that includes the words of warning and counsel given by his prophet. Out of the list of things that can happen to the wicked to me the loss of belief would be the most devastating. I would not want to cause that to happen to me. Then there would seem to be no hope, what an empty downward spiral that would be. 


Day 1908

No comments:

Post a Comment