Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 41:10

Today's Favorite Verse: Alma 41:10
"Do not suppose, because it has been spoken concerning restoration, that ye shall be restored from sin to happiness. Behold, I say unto you, wickedness never was happiness."

Alma is speaking to Corianton of the resurrection and restoration of the body with the spirit. You are restored as you were in this life. If you were wicked you will be wicked still. If you are righteous knowing the happiness and joy that the gospel of Jesus Christ brings you will be restored to a state of happiness. I have reflected on this often. I used to think happiness would come in the next life. When there were no trials, suffering and pain. But, when I read this I realized I will not change I will only be as happy as I am now. So why not try an experiment on His words and live a life that brings joy and happiness even in the midst of trial and affliction. I have to say the doctrine is true. For He is my comfort now, and he will be my comfort for the eternities. 


Day 1899

No comments:

Post a Comment