Saturday, December 9, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: John 18:18, 25

Today's Favorite Verse: John 18:18, 25
"And the servants and officers stood there, who had made a fire of coals; for it was cold: and they warmed themselves: and Peter stood with them, and warmed himself.
And Simon Peter stood and warmed himself. They said therefore unto him, Art not thou also one of his disciples? He denied it, and said, I am not."

As I'm reading this I have a nice toasty heater sitting behind my chair. It's so relaxing and comfortable. I don't want to move. I could really picture Peter standing in the cold warming himself by the fire. How good that must have felt, especially with the added anxiety over what was happening with Jesus. Then when Peter is confronted and asked if he is one of Jesus' disciples he denies it. The error Peter made was leaving the side of the Savior to seek comfort elsewhere. It made me think about how sometimes the things of the world can give us so much comfort that it's easy to forget who we are, and our purpose. We may do what we later regret.



Day 3174

No comments:

Post a Comment