Sunday, December 24, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 12:2-3

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 12:2-3
"And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.3 And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)"

Reading of the death of James made me cry. I don't really know why it touched me so. Then as I read of Peter being rescued by the angel I wondered why the difference in one being preserved and the other not?

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord."
(Isaiah 55:8)

I don't know the answer, other than its for God's will and purposes. I found that thought interesting because during sacrament I actually thought on that. Before church I had been pondering on how I am content not knowing all the how to's, what for's, and why's of things. I can accept God's will if I know or don't know. God will be there for me regardless. Then during sacrament a past event came to mind, just something stupid I once did, of no real significance. Then I thought well if I can so easily not hold control over things now why does my mind hold onto things with no meaning? I kind of laughed at myself. Funny thing is now I can't even remember what that past event even was. Now this doesn't mean the death of James or rescue of Peter is of no importance. The difference is accepting God's will and purpose, and I don't have to understand every part of it. No blessing will be withheld in the eternities for either.



Day 3189

No comments:

Post a Comment