Monday, December 4, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: John 13:34-35

Today's Favorite Verse: John 13:34-35
"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

This commandment can be so easy and hard at the same time. There are some people that are harder to love than others. It's the hard ones that we learn the most from. I'm beginning to understand how to still love them. A lot of it comes from sorrow over what they are causing themselves. It cannot be an easy or peaceful life to live as they do. I recently decided that the best course of action for me was to ask myself "What would President Nelson do in this situation?" I know I should ask what would Jesus do, but I'll work myself up to that. It's much easier to picture myself talking to President Nelson. His recent conference talks have given me much to think about.

"The Savior’s message is clear: His true disciples build, lift, encourage, persuade, and inspire—no matter how difficult the situation. True disciples of Jesus Christ are peacemakers"
(Russell M. Nelson, "Peacemakers Needed", April 2023 General Conference)





Day 3169

No comments:

Post a Comment