Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 7:51

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 7:51
"Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as
your fathers did, so do ye."

This made me wonder "Why would you want to resist the Holy Ghost?" I love feeling the influence of the Holy Ghost in my life. The peace, comfort and guidance the spirit gives me. Then I realized that would not be a desirable feeling when you seek to do evil. You could not hide the truth that you must repent and change your life. That must feel like torture to them. They would not want to see themselves as God sees them.

I wonder if that is what it's meant by...

"And it shall be said among the wicked: Let us not go up to battle against Zion, for the inhabitants of Zion are terrible; wherefore we cannot stand."
(Doctrine and Covenants 45:70)



Day 3184

No comments:

Post a Comment