Saturday, December 23, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 11:12

Today's Favorite Verse: Acts 11:12
"And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man’s house:"

The words "nothing doubting" stood out to me. I first thought of Joseph Smith reading James 1:5, how he had to act in faith, nothing wavering. This opened the door to the restoration of the gospel. Peter also had to act in faith, nothing doubting and this opened the door to the gentiles being preached the gospel. I wondered what other scriptures had the same theme.

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 
A double minded man is unstable in all his ways."
(James 1:5-8)

"Behold, I say unto you that whoso believeth in Christ, doubting nothing, whatsoever he shall ask the Father in the name of Christ it shall be granted him; and this promise is unto all, even unto the ends of the earth."
(Mormon 9:21)

"And whosoever shall believe in my name, doubting nothing, unto him will I confirm all my words, even unto the ends of the earth."
(Mormon 9:25)

"And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had faith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting."
(Ether 3:19)

Nothing doubting, doubting nothing, nothing wavering reminds me of President Uchtdorf's excellent counsel to doubt your doubts.

"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters—my dear friends—please, first doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith"
(Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Come, Join with Us", Oct 2013, General Conference)



Day 3188

No comments:

Post a Comment