Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Today's Favorite Verse: Song of Solomon 5:16

Today's Favorite Verse: Song of Solomon 5:16
"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."

I thought about how the one you love should also be your friend. That made me think about how the Savior called others his friends.

"And as I said unto mine apostles, even so I say unto you, for you are mine apostles, even God’s high priests; ye are they whom my Father hath given me; ye are my friends;
And again I say unto you, my friends, for from henceforth I shall call you friends, it is expedient that I give unto you this commandment, that ye become even as my friends in days when I was with them, traveling to preach the gospel in my power;"
(Doctrine and Covenants 84:64, 77)

This was also said in the School of the Prophets, first what the Lord called them and then what they were to say to each other.
"Therefore, verily I say unto you, my friends, call your solemn assembly, as I have commanded you.
Art thou a brother or brethren? I salute you in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, in token or remembrance of the everlasting covenant, in which covenant I receive you to fellowship, in a determination that is fixed, immovable, and unchangeable, to be your friend and brother through the grace of God in the bonds of love, to walk in all the commandments of God blameless, in thanksgiving, forever and ever. Amen."
(Doctrine and Covenants 88:117, 133)

"Verily, I say unto my servant Joseph Smith, Jun., or in other words, I will call you friends, for you are my friends, and ye shall have an inheritance with me—"
(Doctrine and Covenants 93:45)

Then the ultimate act of a friend, which even more so Christ was for us.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
(John 15:13)



Day 2835

No comments:

Post a Comment